Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our little bookworm

A photo from 2007... yes, out of date... but appropriate for the post, I think. :)


Stephen is so funny. He looooves reading books, and he remembers them so well that he quotes them throughout the day. For example, Jerome showed him our new umbrella, and as Stephen was twirling it on his shoulder, he said, "Tut tut... it looks like rain." (A quote from Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree.) And at breakfast yesterday he said, "I'm feeling embarrassed in polar bear pants." (A spin off of a Sesame Street book about feelings... the actual words are "I'm feeling embarrassed in polka dot pants, but Stephen was wearing polar bear pants... so there ya go. I only wish I could convey his expression, too. It was so cute.) I've mentioned that we're known as the Tonka Truck people at the library because we've checked out all of the Tonka Truck books. Well, I often hear him quoting those books as he's playing with his trucks. Today, he was playing with a dump truck and said, "The mighty dump truck is king of the construction site." He cracks me up. :)


Joseph is so different... it's already obvious. Yes, he's only 9 months old, but he has very little interest in books. Well, except to maybe chew on them. :) But, I bet with Stephen's example -- because it is also quite obvious that Joseph very much looks up to Stephen -- that one day Joseph will become a reader, too. Until then, he can chew on the board books.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Stephen definitely loves his books, it's true. BUT...Joseph DEVOURS them!